The company was established in Edinburgh Scotland in February 1999 as a limited company. During the years a number of experts have joint the team expanding the professional base in matters such as European veterinary legislation, veterinary public health, risk based food safety systems, laboratories and supervision in the food industry. The following are some of the key services provided by the company:
- Capacity building to promote change.
- Assessments and upgrading of EU agri-food business to EU standards, auditing of food establishment, verification of compliance, elaboration of plans and programmes for upgrading. Lectures and seminars on the Aquis Communautaire in the field of food safety, veterinary public health and animal health.
- Assessment and/ or Introduction and of HACCP and pre-requisite programs in food establishments (GMP, SSOPs, auto-controls). Lectures and seminars in that field.
- Providing software (databases) for assessment of agri-food businesses – laptops – hand held devices (Estabman).
- Assessment of risk based food safety systems including official supervision of the food industry, legal framework, enforcement agencies, laboratories and checks on imports. Providing transpositions of EU rules and regulations and framework laws, e.g food law, veterinary framework law and relevant secondary legislation.
- Advice to Third Country governments on compliance with EU third country rules and regulations concerning export of food of animal origin to the European Union.
- Animal identification systems, tracing and tracking of animals and products of animal origin. Providing databases and infrastructure for animal ID systems.
- Assessment of laboratories including analytical chemistry, veterinary diagnostics, microbiology. Offering wide range of supplies for laboratories.
More information on FCC
An indicative list of recent projects carried out by the company: Recent assignments For more detailed information about the company please the following document (please use “save as” for download): Company information
Dr. Olafur Oddgeirsson
Director of Food Control Consultants Ltd